When it comes to choosing a holiday, we are all spoilt for choice. There are thousands of destinations available through travel agents and on the Internet. However, the problem is that most packages only offer accepted types of holidays. In other words, if you are looking for something out of the ordinary then you really have to look for it.
When trying to find a funky hotel or holiday, you should start researching the market a few months before the day you wish to leave. Funky hotels are not widely advertised as such, especially if you fall into an older age bracket. They are generally only offered in unusual package holidays that are marketed towards individuals below the age of thirty. However, to give you a head start on your research, the top 10 funky hotels in the world are described below.
1. Katerina City Hotel, Moscow: This Russian hotel boasts a prime location just a few minutes walk from the sites of the city, as well as the entertainment and nightlife. It is decorated in pastel and lightwood to give a more relaxed feel and is thus informal. The food is good, the environment laid back and the modern feel makes it a lovely place to stay if you are looking for something out of the ordinary.
2. The Mosser Hotel, San Francisco: This hotel has created a culture of its own. The atmosphere is extremely laid back and relaxed. Its claim to fame is that it has the only hotel recording studio in the city! It is also only a few minutes away from the shop and nightlife areas of the city.
3. Caesar’s Palace Hotel, Las Vegas: The name says it all. This hotel is located on the strip and so has immediate access to the casinos, clubs and bars. The hotel itself is extremely elegant, offering excellent guest service, a spa and fitness suite and great food. The location makes it funky, but the sheer luxury of the hotel serves to heighten that.
4. Creatif Hotel Elephant, Munich: As soon as you lay eyes on the hotel, you know immediately that it is funky! The front is painted a variety of blocked colours, and the inner rooms are decorated the same way. It boasts modern facilities and access to all of the Munich’s main attractions without its guests being disturbed by the noise of the busy city.
5. Keio Plaza Hotel, Tokyo: Located in Shinjuku, this hotel is a spectacular sight as you approach it. It stands out above the other buildings because it is illuminated and looks very impressive. All of the facilities are modern and of the cutting-edge technology. It is located within a short distance of the city centre and provides a great place to relax.
6. Magnificent Plaza Hotel, Shanghai: Located in the heart of Shanghai, this hotel is a short distance from all of the main attractions of the city. All of its 182 rooms are modern and equipped with up-to-date facilities. It offers a variety of food options from around the world too. There is no better place to stay in China.
7. K-Port Inn, Dubai: At first glance, this hotel seems to be no different from any other. It could even be described as stately… until you walk through the door! It is in the city centre and offers contemporary furnished rooms with all of the latest amenities. However, it has Iranian and Arabic clubs, an American discotheque and an English pub on site! You cannot get any funkier than that!
8. Grand Oasis Resort, Cancun: This hotel’s appearance is phenomenal. It is a giant pyramid located in the heart of Cancun that seems to be rising from the Earth! You can play golf or lie on its half-mile beach until your heart’s content. You could also sit in one of the seven bars, or join in with other two themed parties the hotel holds every week. The choice is yours.
9. Leonardo Hotel, Prague: This is a converted Post House in the centre of Prague. It is absolutely gorgeous and extremely funky! The room décor combines classic and modern styles with skill and provides a pleasant and comfortable place to stay.
10. The Bellclaire Hotel, New York City: This hotel is funky primarily because of its crazy and friendly surrounding environment. It is in the heart of the city and is within walking distance of everything you would ever want to see in the city. It is very luxurious but also very modern. It was built in 1903 and is a fantastic place to stay for any tourist.